April 23, 2014, 04:57:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome!

Forum Home   Help Search Forum Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: JDK INSTALLATION  (Read 5746 times)
nanofcb

« on: March 23, 2010, 08:14:54 AM »

hi, everyone, well I've installed everything like told in the lesson 0 of java. I've made that JAVA_HOME variable, but the java -version just don't work  Huh? Huh? anyone can help me solve this issue ?

Jenna Hall
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 10:25:14 AM »

Just a quick comment: if you had the command prompt open while you were installing Java and making the JAVA_HOME variable, close that command box and open a new one. It doesn't register events that happen after it opens, so that first command box won't know about your Java installation.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I need some more information from you to diagnose.

1. What is the path to your Java installation? (i.e., C:\Program Files\Java\J2SE\)

2. What did you set as the value of JAVA_HOME? (i.e., C:\Program Files\Java\J2SE\bin)

nanofcb

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 01:06:02 PM »

THANK YOU !! I've opened a second command prompt and it worked !! thx again !  Kiss  Grin

PS: if you can make other java lessons it would be great !! otherwise ur C++ lessons are so awsome !!
U guys just keep up the good work  Wink
Jenna Hall
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 01:58:07 PM »

You're welcome nanofcb! Glad I could help.

Have you looked at the PHP lessons? PHP is easier than Java for the web, and really useful there.

Happy coding,
Jenna
nanofcb

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 04:04:03 PM »

no i just asked for java coz i'm in an computer science engineering school, and we'll start java in about 2 weeks so I wanted to start taking a look at it ! anyways thx again for ur help Cheesy
yuanyelss

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 12:00:06 AM »

Lessons you see in the PHP? PHP is easier than Java for the web, really useful....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: