October 20, 2014, 06:28:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome!

Forum Home   Help Search Forum Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Visual C++  (Read 740 times)
heitor1990

« on: April 04, 2012, 10:26:51 AM »

Hi there, im new in C++, I'm learning every day new things about C++. But I have a question and I hope you caould help me, answering. I dont know if I program my programs in Visual C++ will be compatible with Linux and Mac-Os. I know in Windows will be, but in another system is compatible?

I hope you can help me, if not i need to find another compiler, i want to program games, expecially 3D games, im pushing too hard learning all what I can in the same day to complete my objective and this question I have and I posted to not do the program and then in the future see with all work and do alot errors because its not compatible with other systems.
Michael Hall
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 12:55:10 PM »

It depends on what you use in your programs. For example, the programs in our C++ Console series use standard C++. So, all of those programs can be used on any platform. Likewise, the libraries that we use for OpenGL are cross-platform. So, the OpenGL programs can be compiled and executed on any machine. However, the set-up will vary, obviously.

The Win32 and MFC libraries are MS specific. So those programs will only work on Windows. I hope that clears it up.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: